The ACCME defines joint providership as the providership of a CME activity by one or more accredited and one or more nonaccredited organizations.
Medical Academy partners with nonaccredited organizations to provide their administrative and instructional design CME support.
Ala Carte CME
Ala Carte CME is an independent provider of continuing medical education for physicians, specialists, and clinicians who are part of the healthcare team.
For someone not in healthcare, there can be a great deal of confusion with respect to infectious diseases and the agents that cause them. As we all deal with the current pandemic and are inundated with a great deal of information, it is important to have a foundation of the microbial agents that are responsible for the disease. Viruses and Bacteria are completely different in how they behave and how they are treated. This course has been designed to provide a high-level overview of viruses. The current COVID-19 Pandemic is caused by a virus known as SARS-CoV-2. The goal of this course is to discuss many aspects that you likely have heard about in the news and other media outlets.
- Understand how to react empathetically to people of different cultures, races, religions, etc.
- Learn how cultural intelligence relates to patient experience, HCAPHS score, and risk management
- Appreciate the magnitude of the history of the troubles of American Medicine and African Americans
- Learn how to intelligently handle allegations of racism and discrimination, including allegations of systematic racism
Objectives:As a result of participating in this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify and define the 5 major differences in planning and delivering accredited CME from other forms of medical education.
- Develop strategies for integrating the key best practices in accredited CME program planning and delivery.
- Integrate key accredited CME requirements into learners’ own content planning and delivery.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Medical Academy and Ala Carte CME. Medical Academy is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians are at a heightened risk of burnout, experiencing critical levels of unmanaged occupational stress that has been shown to impair both professional performance and personal health. Leading healthcare organizations have even declared physician burnout a public health crisis. The Total Wellness Masterclass provides physicians with the skills, strategies, and resources to mitigate burnout through enhancing self-care and bolstering overall wellness.
– Teach clinicians how to remain in the relationship with patients and families after adverse medical events
– Demonstrate the difference between empathy and apology and instruct how to communicate with grieving and angry consumers
– Show the role of front-line staff in the disclosure process, and how front-line staff and leadership can resolve cases using disclosure
– Answer typical questions and challenges to disclosure and discuss case scenarios
The Psychotherapy Academy offers online psychotherapy training in evidence-based modalities.
Medical Academy is co-developing the following activities that will offer CME credits for physicians.
- DBT Advanced Skills
- Cognitive-Behavioral Strategies for Treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- DBT for Trauma and PTSD
Estimated release date: Summer of 2022