Victor Waters, M.D., J.D., F.C.L.M.
➢ 30 years’ clinical experience; internal and emergency medicine
➢ Current Chief Medical Officer in San Bernardino Cty
➢ Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of
California Riverside (UCR) School of Medicine
➢ Board certified in Internal Medicine and Legal Medicine (ABLM)
➢ Fellow, American College of Legal Medicine
➢ Admitted to the New York State Bar
➢ Sought after speaker on medical malpractice and tort reform
➢ BA, Biology, Brown University
➢ MD, Temple University
➢ JD, Rutgers University School of Law
Overview of the Activity
Covid Liability – A lecture on the future impact of the covid endemic related to liability issues.
Learning Objectives for the Activity
- Risk factors for liability during covid
- Immunity statues and their limitations.
- Reducing risk strategies.
Large Knowledge Gap: Historical epidemic – no baseline data. No legal precedent. But supported through legal expertise.
Activity release date: 02/20/2021
Expiration Date: 01/20/2023
Estimated Time to Complete: 1.0 Hour(s)
Relevant Financial Disclosures:
The following planners, faculty, and reviewers have no relevant financial
relationships to disclose.
Victor Waters, MD (Faculty)
Kimberly Archuleta (Planner)
Zachary Bodenweber (Reviewer)
For questions regarding the content or access to this activity, contact Kimberly Archuleta/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for Participation:
Participants must complete the activity online during the valid credit period that is noted above.
Follow these steps:
- Read the target audience, learning objectives and
financial disclosures provided above.
- View the video and other required educational content provided on this
course page, including a self-reflective quiz for promoting retention of
- After completion of the viewing of the video and other materials, you will be provided access to the Activity Evaluation. We request you complete the Activity Evaluation to provide the necessary feedback for continuing accreditation purposes and for the development of future activities.
***NOTE: Completing the Post Activity Evaluation after the last lesson is required to receive 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- Additional optional articles on this topic are included for your review.
AMA PAR Category 1 CME Credits: 0
Disclaimer: This course is not offering any medical advice.
Total Credits Earned For All Courses: 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.