SAVS-CoV-2 Vaccine – Become an Informed Health Care Consumer on the Newly Released Intervention for the Pandemic
Faculty: Donald Voltz, M.D.
The virus responsible for the COVID-19 Pandemic, SARS-CoV-2, continues to be a problem around the world. Infectious diseases have been a problem throughout the ages, and this new virus is no different. The recent approval and release of a vaccine has raised both enthusiasm that we will be able to return to a somewhat normal state as well as concerns about the effectiveness, safety and unknown risks this vaccine might cause. In times of uncertainty, fear is produced and often spread as quickly as the pandemic itself. In a short period of time, we have been able to learn a great deal, with much more still unknown.
This course has been developed to provide the information currently available, to debunk and provide context to the mis-information that is circulating about the vaccine and provide a framework on how to think about the vaccine, the disease and the health of you and your family so as to allow for an educated decision about accepting or declining the vaccine. By the conclusion of this course, you will understand the current state of the vaccine program, how it works, how it came so far in such a short period of time and how to think about your risks of the disease and the risks of the vaccine. The primary focus of this course is to empower patients to become more educated in their choices pertaining to the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine.
- Understand the types of vaccines that have been used as interventions in infectious diseases.
- Understand the differences with the SARS-CoV-2 vaccines as compared to other vaccines currently available
- Gain an understanding of how the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine works
- Learn why you can not get COVID-19 from the vaccine and other known and unknown risks of the vaccine
- Dispel myths and misinformation surrounding the SARS-CoV-2vaccine.Activity release date: 01/01/2021Expiration Date: 01/01/2023Estimated Time to Complete: 1.0 HourTarget Audience:
This activity is intended for all medical professionals in dealing with patient care and returning to work during COVID-19.Total Credits Earned For All Courses: 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.